From LowerHell to PowerShell in two days!
On June 10-11th 2015 Win-Fu training is proud to present a never before seen PowerShell training in Finland! The venue is the same as for MVP Allstars on the previous day so it’s very easy to adjust your travelling arrangements to enjoy both if you wish (and you should!).
The two day seminar is called PowerShell in Practice and to be worthy of its name we have the greatest PowerShell MVP in the world delivering the content!
Conference Chair, MVP – Sami Laiho says:”Ei ole olemassa yhtään IT-ylläpidon kanssa tekemisissä olevaa henkilöä, joka ei tarvitsisi tätä kurssia. Microsoft on asettanut virallisen linjauksen dokumentaatiossaan, alkaen Server 2012 -tuotteesta, mikä määrittää kolme erilaista käyttöliittymää seuraavasti:
1. GUI – Vapaaehtoinen
2. Command Line – Vapaaehtoinen
3. PowerShell – Pakollinen
Nyt sinulla on ohittamaton mahdollisuus varmistaa työpaikkasi myös tulevaisuudessa ja se onnistuu kahdessa päivässä, Helsingissä, maailman parhaan opettajan johdolla!”
Translated to English:”There is not a single person working with IT-support that doesn’t need to take this class. Microsoft has made an official guideline in their documentation beginning with Server 2012 that gives options to use three user interfaces like below:
1. GUI – Optional
2. Command Line – Optional
3. PowerShell – Mandatory
Now you have a chance to secure your job in the future as well and it can be done in two days, in Helsinki, taught by the Best teacher in the World!”
This 2 day workshop is targeted at IT Professionals with minimal to moderate PowerShell experience. The goal is for you to learn enough PowerShell that you can begin to use it in your environment and begin enjoying the benefits of automating and simplifying typical IT tasks. It is impossible to learn everything about PowerShell in 2 days but the hope is that you’ll learn enough to feel comfortable using it.
The workshop is presented conference style, although there will be minimal slides. Much of the workshop will consist of live demonstrations. There will not be traditional lab exercises, but you are welcome to follow along on your own laptop. At a minimum you will need a computer running PowerShell 4.0 and have administrator privileges. The recommended configuration is a virtualized environment (of your choice) with at least a domain controller and a domain member, both running PowerShell 4.0. You must have network connectivity between domain members. No public or Internet access is required.
During the course of the workshop we will cover the following topics. Although this type of workshop is dynamic and topics can change spontaneously depending on the audience. We will be focusing on PowerShell 4.0 in a domain environment.
- What is PowerShell and Why It Matters
- Understanding the PowerShell paradigm
- The Power of a PowerShell Provider
- Learning the PowerShell Language
- PowerShell Remoting
- WMI and CIM
- Exporting, Importing and Converting Objects
- PowerShell Scripting Concepts and Security
- Creating Effective PowerShell Scripts and Functions
- PowerShell in Action
- Getting Started with Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Questions, Answers and Next Steps
Event duration: June 10th 2015 8:00AM – 4:30PM and June 11th 2015 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Venue: Messukeskus, Helsinki, FINLAND
About our speaker:
Jeffery Hicks is an IT veteran with over 25 years of experience, much of it spent as an IT infrastructure consultant specializing in Microsoft server technologies with an emphasis in automation and efficiency. He is a multi-year recipient of the Microsoft MVP Award in Windows PowerShell. He works today as an independent author, trainer and consultant. Jeff has written for numerous online sites and print publications, is a contributing editor at Petri.com, a courseware author for PluralSight, and a frequent speaker at technology conferences and user groups. His latest book is PowerShell In Depth: An Administrator’s Guide 2nd Ed. You can keep up with Jeff on his blog (http://jdhitsolutions.com/blog/).
Our conference chair Sami Laiho is to blame for organizing the event. Sami focuses on delivering an event such that has never been experienced in Finland. The event was planned by the following principles:
1. Best speakers in the world – MVP’s with real life experience
2. Most entertaining speakers in the world – If you fall a sleep because of our speakers you get your money back!
3. No sponsor sessions – You get what you pay for and no marketing pitches to listen to
4. Stuff that you can take home and apply instantly
5. Working logistics
Detailed daily agenda:
- Coffee and light breakfast
- Coffee break
- Coffee break
Price of the event:
- Early-Bird until 30.4.2015 (April 30th 2015)
- 1000€ (VAT 0%)
- Normal price during 1.5.2015 – 24.5.2015 (May 1st -24th 2015)
- 1200€ (VAT 0%)
- Deadline for enrollment is 24.5.2015 (May 24th 2015)
Included in the price:
- Ticket to the event
- Breakfast, Lunch, Coffee, Snacks
- Cloakroom services
Venue: Messukeskus, Helsinki
Space is extremely limited and we encourage everyone to act fast!
To buy a ticket please click the link below:
Why to attend? Do you need to convince your boss?
- PowerShell is a mandatory tool to learn for all IT personnel
- A two day compact and efficient way to learn the base for your future number 1 tool!
- The event is in Helsinki so you don’t have to travel outside of the country and most of you can even make it without staying at a hotel.
- Easy to combine with the MVP Allstars event on the previous day at same venue!
- Best teacher in the World.
- The content is extremely down to earth and applicable to use in real life instantly. Our Conference Chair Sami Laiho has made sure of that. Sami is also very picky on the entertainment value of speakers – Expect to be learning a lot while enjoying it!