On September 11th 2015 Win-Fu training is proud to present a never before seen lineup of the World’s greatest PowerShell professionals in Helsinki!
This event will give you an edge in knowing how the future of PowerShell and Windows Server looks like. Our keynote speaker will be no less than the father of PowerShell – Jeffrey Snover! This seminar will show you how to effectively use PowerShell and how to make your job in administering servers easier. You can attend the seminar onsite to have the possibility to meet the masters of PowerShell in person or online if that’s easier for you. Now we all know that PowerShell is the tool that everyone needs to learn to stay in this business. The PowerShell Summit in Europe this year has been sold out for a long time already! Now we are offering a way to get the crème de la crème of that event in one day in Helsinki!
The one day seminar is called MVP Allstars – PowerShell Mini-summit and to be worthy of its name we have only the greatest speakers in the world delivering content!
- Jeffrey Snover – KEYNOTE: Jeffrey Snover – Future of Windows Server and PowerShell
- Q&A with Jeffrey Snover
- Don Jones – Don Jones – Turning a One-Liner into a Reusable Tool – the Right Way!
- Aleksandar Nikolić – Operating Nano Server and Azure VMs? Remote management to the rescue!
- Jeffery Hicks – On the Job: Putting PowerShell Scheduled Jobs to Work for You
- Ask The Experts – Jeffrey Snover, Don Jones, Aleksandar Nikolic and Jeffery Hicks
Event duration: September 11th 2015 8:00AM – 4:15PM
Venue: Messukeskus, Helsinki, FINLAND
Price: 499€ (We promised to cut down the cost so here you go 🙂 This time there will be no early-bird or other special pricing though.)
About our speakers:
Jeffrey Snover is a Distinguished Engineer Microsoft and the Lead Architect for the Windows Server and System Center Division. Snover is the inventor of Windows PowerShell, an object-based distributed automation engine, scripting language, and command line shell. Snover joined Microsoft in 1999 as divisional architect for the Management and Services Division, providing technical direction across Microsoft’s management technologies and products. Snover has over 30 years of industry experience with a focus on management technologies and solutions. He was an architect in the office of the CTO at Tivoli and a development manager at NetView. He has worked also as a consulting engineer and development manager at DEC, where he led various network and systems management projects. Snover held 8 patents prior to joining Microsoft, and has registered over 30 patents since. He is a frequent speaker at industry and research conferences on a variety of management and language topics.
Don Jones has been an MVP since 2003, is the co-founder and President of PowerShell.org, is an Honorary Scripting Guy, and wrote the first published books on PowerShell 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0. His “Month of Lunches” book series has taught thousands of IT professionals to use technologies like PowerShell, and he was designated PowerShell’s “First Follower” by inventor Jeffrey Snover. Don also wrote the Windows PowerShell column for Microsoft TechNet Magazine for more than five years, wrote for MCP Magazine and Redmond Magazine for a decade, and is an in-demand speaker at conferences all over the world. Don is currently a Curriculum Director for Pluralsight.com, helping the company bring top-notch, affordable professional training to everyone in the world. Find Don on Twitter @ConcentratedDon, in the Forums on PowerShell.org, and on his personal blog at DonJones.com.
Aleksandar Nikolic is a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for Windows PowerShell, a co-founder of PowerShellMagazine.com, and the community manager of PowerShell.com. Aleksandar is also a Microsoft Azure Insider.
Aleksandar is experienced presenting and speaking to Microsoft customers, and is skilled with describing complex management and automation tasks even to beginning and novice users and scripters. Aleksandar has more than 17 years of experience as a system administrator.
He also delivers PowerShell and Azure training courses around the world and is a frequent speaker at IT conferences such as MMS, NIC, MS Sinergija, MS Windays, PowerShell Summit, TEC, TechDaysSF etc.
You can find him on Twitter (https://twitter.com/alexandair) and LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexandair).
Jeffery Hicks is an IT veteran with over 25 years of experience, much of it spent as an IT infrastructure consultant specializing in Microsoft server technologies with an emphasis in automation and efficiency. He is a multi-year recipient of the Microsoft MVP Award in Windows PowerShell. He works today as an independent author, trainer and consultant. Jeff has written for numerous online sites and print publications, is a contributing editor at Petri.com, and a frequent speaker at technology conferences and user groups. His latest book is PowerShell In Depth: An Administrator’s Guide 2nd Ed. You can keep up with Jeff on his blog (http://jdhitsolutions.com/blog/).
Our conference chair Sami Laiho is to blame for organizing the event. Sami focuses on delivering events such that have never been experienced in Finland. The event was planned by the following principles:
1. Best speakers in the world – MVP’s with real life experience
2. Most entertaining speakers in the world!
3. No sponsor sessions – You get what you pay for and no marketing pitches to listen to
4. Stuff that you can take home and apply instantly
5. Working logistics with lessons learned from the previous events
08.00-08:30 Coffee and light breakfast
08.30-09.30 KEYNOTE: Jeffrey Snover – Future of Windows Server and PowerShell
The seminars keynote will be delivered by the inventor of PowerShell and the Lead Architect for the Windows Server and System Center Division. We couldn’t hope for a better opening for the seminar as there is no one on earth that would have a better view on the future of Windows Server and its management mechanisms.
09.30-09.45 Q&A with Jeffrey Snover
Have your questions ready as it’s not that often that you get to aske them from Jeffrey Snover. We wouldn’t want to have him and not have any questions to ask. If you have questions for other speakers or your questions can’t get answered during this there is the ATE at the end of the seminar.
09.45-10.05 Coffee break
10.05-11.20 Don Jones – Turning a One-Liner into a Reusable Tool – the Right Way!
Think you know how to turn a one-liner into a reusable tool that follows native PowerShell patterns and practices? Maybe – but maybe not; a lot of people mess up the details, and it shows in their work. Don Jones, co-author of Learn PowerShell Toolmaking in a Month of Lunches and co-founder of PowerShell.org, tests your knowledge and your skills. And if you’ve never tried Toolmaking, he’ll show you how easy it actually is, if you let the shell do much of the work. He’ll take a one-liner and turn it into a shell-compliant tool in under an hour, and give you his code to take home.
12.20-13.35 Aleksandar Nikolic – Operating Nano Server and Azure VMs? Remote management to the rescue!
Nano Server, the new headless Windows Server installation option is made for cloud. It’s small, it’s fast, and it doesn’t have a GUI. There is no local logon or Remote Desktop support either. When you want to manage repetitive Azure IaaS tasks and processes efficiently, Azure Portals are not good enough. You cannot even perform some of the tasks using GUIs. How can we manage Nano Server and Azure VMs? Join us to learn how to perform all your management tasks remotely using PowerShell, PowerShell DSC, PowerShell Web Access, and Azure Automation, and eliminate the need to sit in front of a server.
13:35-13:55 Coffee break
13.55-15.10 Jeffery Hicks – On the Job: Putting PowerShell Scheduled Jobs to Work for You
So you know how to use PowerShell and how it can make your job easier to do. But why should you have to be sitting at your desk to run a PowerShell script or command? Why not combine the simplicity of a PowerShell script with the ease of use of a scheduled task! PowerShell MVP and author Jeff Hicks will guide you through the process of setting up and using PowerShell scheduled jobs, including a few potential gotchas. By the end of the session you should know enough to be able to schedule the boring right out of your job.
15:30-16.15 Ask the Experts
Take the onetime opportunity to ask all your questions about PowerShell, Windows Server, Management, Future of IT or what ever you have on your mind. This group and its amount of knowledge on these topics is unrivaled.
Price of the event: 499€ (VAT 0%)
Included in the price:
- Ticket to the event
- Breakfast, Lunch, Coffee, Snacks, SODA
- Access to the session recordings
- Cloakroom services
Venue: Messukeskus, Helsinki
Space is extremely limited and we encourage everyone to act fast! One price – No Early-Bird, No Specials!
To buy a ticket please click the link below:
Why to attend? Do you need to convince your boss?
- There’s no better ROI than this event offers. How many times have you wondered about the varying levels of sessions and speakers in an event here in Finland? We’ve made sure that you don’t have to worry about it.
- You do want to meet Jeffrey Snower. He is after all the inventor of PowerShell and nowadays the Lead Architect for the whole Windows Server and System Center Division!
- As there is no Techdays or other major events in Finland this year so this is one you should get funding for. The event is in Helsinki so Finn’s don’t have to travel outside of the country and most of you can even make it without staying at a hotel. It’s also convenient for most of the nordics and Europe. Last time we had attendees from US as well who traveled 20 hours because they said the event is the best after Ignite this year!
- No need to choose tracks. This event is a one track success story – We’ve decided for you!
- PowerShell Summit in Sweden is SOLD OUT!
- The content is pre-picked to apply to real life and be of highest value for technical professionals. Our Conference Chair Sami Laiho has made sure of that. Sami is also very picky on the entertainment value of speakers – Expect to be learning a lot while at enjoying it!
- All speakers are MVP’s or among the best evaluated speakers in the world.